By Joycey Miller
Darling little Joyce “claimed” that she can’t cook or bake but said she’d like to come to the cookie exchange anyways. She went pinning and found this recipe for Chocolate Marshmallow Brownie Cookies. Being skeptical of my impending illness based on her claim, I tasted them with caution. What a stinkin’ little fibber! Joyce CAN bake, and these cookies were delicious!
Joyce did show up a little late and had to add her frosting after she got here, but it was well worth the wait and how fun it was to watch Joyce master that icing bag. Now what is she going to do with that electric mixer she went out and bought just to make these cookies?
These cookies were chocolaty and gooey like a s’more and were very yummy. I’m on to you now Joyce. Maybe next time I need to plan a steak dinner exchange and see what you “can’t cook”.
- 1 milk chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 – 2 teaspoon vanilla (depending on your taste)
- 3 teaspoons cocoa
- 2 – 3 cups powdered sugar
- Mix all cookie ingredients together. Roll into 1 – 1 1/2 inch balls. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350° F for 5 – 6 minutes.
- Pull the cookie sheet out of the oven and place 6 – 7 mini marshmallows on top of each cookie. Put the cookie sheet back into the oven for 2 – 2 1/2 minutes (no longer!) The marshmallows will slightly puff up.
- Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool. Once they are completely cooled, put the frosting on top.
- Combine all frosting ingredients with a hand mixer then frost cookies.